If you had,
Or one opportunity,
To seize everything you ever wanted,
In one moment,
Would you capture it?
Or let it slip?
It’s finally here! The day that hopes soar or sink, ride or die, hit or miss… IT’S THE PLAYOFFS BABY!!
This season has been one of the most competitive in ESMS history with plenty of twists and turns and thrills and spills.
A fantastic effort from Aguerissimo and the goal machine Lukaku who has fired them to the League 2 title. The haters will say Mike Dean was bribed, all we know for sure is, those mink coats and diamond rings look sick on him… AGU be joined by the plucky new boys Wilko’s 92 All-Stars after a stonking 5-0 win in mid-week. It appears the extracurricular spreadsheets worked out in the end – Who’s laughing now? WHO’S LAUGHING NOW??
In League 1 we saw history made as the finger lickin good KFC became the first 2 time Champion in ESMS history. Spare a thought for the THI as their early dominance faded to leave the manager grasping at thin air, rather than silverware. At least they have the cup final!
League 1 Playoffs
OPK vs FIN
- We saw last season’s title winners OPK clinch 3rd place with a win on the final day of the regular season, Surely the former champs can’t get relegated!
- The much-maligned P_Kluivert bagged a brace, channeling his former self from years gone by, to seal their spot in the playoffs. Home advantage for them could be key.
- FIN’s slump in the league continued in mid-week, so odd that CTH seem to be on the rise as FIN slump… hmmmm!
- It’s vital for the manager formerly known as Cookie to stay in the top league with a win!
DIC vs CLA
- We will also see DIC host CLA for the second time in a week, a narrow 1-0 win did nothing to quell the nerves of the Isolators.
- Will DIC be flaccid and limp? Or will they go hard and get stuck in? HA! SEX JOKES!
- CLA who have at times been masterful this season and will need their manager to cook up something special to ensure top-flight football for next season.
- Considering Clay’s aversion to friendlies this is his last game of the season period.
League 2 Playoffs
HAH vs CTH
- HAH will be gutted to have missed out on the top two having been in the mix for most season. Remarkable upturn on form since they shipped out A_Cole to eventual league winner AGU.
- The Harriers will be looking for take-off on Sunday… Get it, it’s a plane joke.
- CTH, the Jekyll and Hyde, the ESMS version of Forrest Gump’s box of chocolates… You never know what you are going to get
- A draw in the final league game secured the most unlikely of dream stories for the boys from Tulse Hill.
IVO vs ARA
- The whiff of cheese may just be felt in League 1 next season as a draw for IVO secured a playoff spot.
- Will C_Fondue drown under the weight of expectation? Or will G_Orgonzola cause a stink in the ARA penalty area?
- New boys ARA will be delighted with their first season, a great chance for a Colchester United fan to possibly taste promotion!
- ARA will be desperate for some goals which have been scarce this season. TIME TO STEP UP!
Friendlies will be played by teams, at stadiums. Goals may or may not be scored. Abs points may or may not be accrued. Legacies will be unaffected…